5 Reasons Why I Decided to Write Books
There’s a well-known story of an expert, who was called by a company to look at their manufacturing system. The system had broken down, and everything was at a standstill. When the expert arrived, he carried nothing but a little black bag. Silently he walked around the equipment for a few minutes and then stopped. As he focused on one specific area of the equipment, he pulled out a small hammer from his bag and tapped it gently. Suddenly everything began to run again, and he quietly left the factory. The next day he sent a bill, that made the manager go ballistic. The bill was for a total of $1,000! Quickly the manager e-mailed the expert and wrote, “I will not pay this outrageous bill without it being itemized and explained.” Soon he received an invoice with the following words: For tapping on the equipment with a hammer “$1. For knowing where to tap” $999.
Knowledge is power.
The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. Proverbs 18:15
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6
Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold. Proverbs 8:10
Since my teenage years, I have always been hungry for knowledge, which I always find in God’s word, sermons, and books. Reading is one of those activities by which we receive knowledge. Reading provides mental stimulation, stress reduction, imparts knowledge, and brings freedom. I like to say it like this, “reading to the mind is what running is to the body.”
The following are the reasons I began to write a book:
1. My friend is a best selling author. The friend I refer to is the Holy Spirit, He is the author of the Bible. His book has become a blessing to the world throughout all generations.
According to statistics from Wycliffe International, the Society of Gideons, and the International Bible Society, the number of new Bibles that are sold, given way, or otherwise distributed in the US is about 168,000 a day.
The entire Bible is available in at least 426 languages and the New Testament is available in 1,115 languages.
2. I have been so blessed by reading other people’s books. Books by Jack Hayford were a key to bring freedom into my life. Books by A.W. Tozer, David Cho, Benny Hinn, Derek Prince, and Robert Morris have been an amazing blessing to my spiritual life.
Since people have blessed me with their books, I felt that it was my turn to be a blessing to others as well. Every preacher has many sermons but only a few messages. Messages are things that run through every sermon. Mine message is about freedom, renewing of the mind, relationship with the Holy Spirit, the salvation of souls, and financial sacrifice. These things are not only sermons to me but are the entirety of my life. I am not an expert, in any way, on the topic of deliverance; but experiencing freedom myself and being used by God to bring it to others. I want to be a blessing to those God calls me to be a blessing to.
Every pastor has many sermons but only few messages. Message is what runs through every sermon.
3. I want to be a solution to a problem. I did not write a book to make money, otherwise it will not have been about demons and curses.
I get asked a lot about this topic of freedom, some are curious but many are living in bondage, hurt, and pain and need deliverance. Most churches people attend don’t want to talk about this subject it scares people away. God has graced our church with such a measure of grace to bring a solution to the needs of people in this area.
We have been doing prayer line for deliverance for the last 4 years. People from all around the world-no joke-have come to our prayer line and many have received resolution to their problem. Many after prayer still need counseling and encouragement on how to maintain their freedom. Due to business of my schedule, I can’t sit with every person to counsel them; so this book is a great solution to this dilemma.
4. It’s my calling to communicate. I felt that God called me to communicate, however, it does not mean that I am a super great preacher or anything like that. God sent Moses to Israel and Aaron to Moses. I know he sent me to certain people in the world in my generation, so I can make an impact. His assignment for me is to communicate. I want to reduce my whole life to this work, whether it’s writing, speaking, and creating content on social media; all these are different expressions but the same thing communication.
This is why our members are so active on social media, because I am passionate about communicating, as to get the message out on every social media platform possible. I used to do real estate and other things, however I stopped all this three years ago to focus on what God called me to do.
5. It’s my legacy. Someone said, that the richest place in the world is the cemetery. I don’t want to die with sermons and experiences inside of me. Books will outlive me. I want my influence to continue on generations to come.
Writing “Break Free” book:
Forced me to delegate some things I should have delegated earlier.
It made me utilize my free time which I would of probably wasted.
It gave our ministry a footprint in the book industry.
It sharpened my thinking and improved my writing.
It made me learn about publishing, formatting, and a whole new industry.
It provided opportunities for multiple people to help with the book, for which I blessed them.
It will provide a small passive income in the future.
Do you have a desire to write a book? Why?
I pray this was a blessing. Please share this blog and let me know what you think!