My belief is that the most crippling problem someone can have isn’t just physical, but mental. The truth is that Satan is playing target practice with everyone’s mind. His number one target is not your body; it is your mind and your soul. He will use sickness, poverty, relationship problems, and any external circumstances to ultimately afflict your mind and cause a mind glitch.
Do you know what a mind glitch is? It’s when you can’t get out of your own head. You are stuck in there. The Bible says, “think on these things” (Philippians 4:8), but with a mind glitch, it feels like your mind is just thinking by itself.
Understand that your life is currently following the direction of your most dominant and strongest thought. God wants you to begin the process of renewing your mind, so you can live a life of victory and dominion. I want to equip you with practical steps to change your mindset; in doing so, God will begin to bring healing, not just to your body, but also to your mind and soul.
The Enemy’s Plan
The enemy is the architect of the mental glitch. Oftentimes, a person can have both legs, both arms, a retirement fund, a government job, a car, a house, but mentally, they can’t function. It seems as though something is broken within.
The reason is that there is a war that has been declared on their mind.
The Devil uses our past experiences to build strongholds in our minds so that even if we are no longer in those situations, we are still living in the residue, the painful consequences of being in those situations.
Another truth is that Satan uses thoughts to harass Christians. If we hold onto and allow the thoughts to take root in our minds, they will begin to develop a life of their own within us, leading to demonic strongholds being built. Consequently, these thoughts can open doors to demonic influences that God wants to liberate us from that.
Check out my blog: 8 Steps To Be Self Delivered
The Lie Christians Believe
Many Christians I’ve encountered have faulty thinking when it comes to the concept of renewing their minds. They believe the fallacy, “if God really wants me to change my mind, He should get busy changing my circumstances.” This is our concept many times: my mind will change if my life changes.
But Scripture flips the script in Romans 12:2 when it says, “Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” The Bible is clear when it says your mind has to change first so that your life can transform.Don’t wait for your circumstances to change before you change your mind. War On Your Mind Click To Tweet
Steps to Help Change Your Mind
- Take responsiblity for your thoughts. You can’t change your mind until you take responsibility for your thoughts. You can’t change your mind in an instant; it is like wanting to change the entire interior of your home in an instant. It’s not possible. You must understand that you can’t just pray for your mind to change. You must first take the responsibility to aid your mind in the process of change. There is no prayer that can take a bicycle and turn it into an aeroplane. Their isn’t a prayer that can change your entire mindset in one hour. Change starts with taking responsibility for your thoughts.
- Take care of your physical brain. Your brain is like the piano and your mind is like a pianist. In the same way, if some keys are damaged, the piano cannot be played properly. Their are practical things that can be done to ensure the mind is taken care of. Make sure to excersise, eat a well balanced meal, drink water, and read habitually.
- Get out of your head. You have thoughts; you are not your thoughts. Learn to notice when your thinking takes up a life of its own; you need to stop it. The Bible says as a man thinks, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). Tell your mind what to do and do not let your mind dictate your mood, emotions and life. Remeber that you are a spirit– you tell your mind where to go. Philipians 4:8 says, “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things.” Therefore, we have to remove this lie that “I cannot control my thoughts.”
- Capture your thoughts. Make sure to observe your thoughts. You cannot take your thoughts captive until you first capture them. But before we can take our thoughts captive, we first have to become aware of them. The best way to do this is simply to take a pause and observe your thoughts. If you notice rejection, you can fight it. Then, you will become aware of the difference between thoughts and fiery darts which are being fired at you (Ephesians 6:16-17).
- Nourish your mind. Do not focus on emptying your mind; fill it with the Truth. The reality is that filling your mind can lead you to the infilling of the Holy Spirit. So, you must remember that it’s not a vacation, it is a warzone. Many people cannot change their mind because they are lazy with their thoughts. God wants you to train your thoughts; in order to do that, you must be active in filling your mind with the Word of God.
- Take every thought captive. Lastly, you have to take every thought captive like a prisoner of war. You either take your thoughts captive or you will be a captive of your thoughts. You either turn your thoughts to God or your thoughts will rule your life. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 teaches us this truth stating, “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.”
It’s important to remember that the mind is the battlefield where we fight, and we must be active in claiming this territory for Christ. Note, the mind we don’t surrender; the mind we subdue.The mind we don't surrender; the mind we subdue. War On Your Mind Click To Tweet
For life to be good, we have to win the war of the mind.
Sign up for email blog updates!